Modie Park Needs You!
Volunteers have been an important part of the development of Ruth Rowell Modie Wildlife Park since Lewiston’s City council directed city staff to work with citizens to develop the park in 1994.
Many wonderful changes have come to the park in the past two years thanks to a grant from the Land and Water Conservation Fund and the skills of Lewiston’s Park construction crew. VOLUNTEERS, with a wide variety of talents are needed to complete the features envisioned by Ruth Rowell Modie Wildlife Park concept plan and operate the outdoor classroom.
Q. Do you have some time?
A. Everyone has the same amount of time.
Q. Would you like to do something meaningful with your time?
A. If you can volunteer some of your time to the Modie Park mission, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the WA ID Volunteer Center, Inc. 208-746-7787.
People with many talents and skills are needed:
- Docents to interpret the outdoor classroom and the history of the park
- Gardeners to care for butterfly garden and create a fragrance garden
- Carpenters to revitalize the Osborn Interpretative Center kitchen
- Leaders for a children’s garden program
- Fund raisers and membership chairmen
- Web site developers and news letter writers
These are exciting times at Modie Park. Why not become a part?