Unlike any other Lewiston park, citizens have an official role as joint stewards, with the Lewiston Parks Department, of Ruth Rowell Modie Wildlife Park. Since 1992, members of Modie Park Conservancy have held regular work days in the park. Besides being fun, there is a great deal of satisfaction making improvements that the entire city can enjoy.
Why not plan to be a part? Work days are a chance to get a little exercise, to make friends, do a community service, perhaps to learn a new skill, and share some refreshments.
2009 Work Day Activities are listed below. To receive notification of dates and times email email@example.com or subscribe to Modie Park E-Newsletter.
- February – Table Grape Pruning
March – Butterfly Garden Clean up
Riparian Zone Clean up
- April – Osborn Interpretative Center Clean up
Osborn Community Garden Planting
- May – Girl Scout Green it and Clean it
- June, July, and August – Weed & Feed at Osborn Community Garden – one Saturday each month – Weeding in the cool of the evening followed by a BBQ
- Unscheduled – Osborn Interpretative Center Kitchen Remodel